Author Topic: My Drug Idea  (Read 2873 times)

Offline [501]Gabel | Tugger!

• LSPD
  • Tunafish!? What am I, a cat or somethin'!?
    • View Profile
My Drug Idea
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:36:21 am »
Alright, here's my proposition for what to do with the drugs, how to make them more interesting, and how to make them more useful.

Instead of having Drugs, we'll break the word up and categorize them. Furthermore, each drug will, or at least should, benefit the player, and eventually be a hindrance on the player.

-Marijuana: Simple, the player gets a small health boost, but the screen goes hazy and wobbles around.
 -Cocaine: The drug increases speed, max stamina, and strength by a small amount. The negatives being, a (sniff) being added randomly throughout their sentences, and decreased stamina, strength and speed when thecdrug wears off.
 -Heroine: Heroine would add a hefty damage resistance, and strength bonus for unarmed and melee damage. Once the drug wears off however, the players max health is decreased from 100 to 75.

That's really all I have right now, as I'm not an expert in the field of drugs, but the basic outline is a neat idea none-the-less.

I urge you all to add, and edit anything you see that needs reform.
Tbh botted my agi lvl to 99 last year.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• RRP Based Browser Game
  • The good die too young....
    • View Profile
Re: My Drug Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 11:49:23 am »
Heroin != Heroine

One's a drug, the other a female hero.

Also every so often you have to take the drugs once you are addicted, if you don't, random animations start playing.
The above post may contain sarcasm, typos, and/or feelings or opinions. This may offend people. I don't care.

RIP #77. You were one of a kind.
Dan Wheldon, 1978-2011

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 12:45:08 pm »
Heroin != Heroine

One's a drug, the other a female hero.

Also every so often you have to take the drugs once you are addicted, if you don't, random animations start playing.

Damn iPod and its autocorrect. -.-

And I was hesitant to add addiction to the list as I wouldn't know how it would work. But if you have ideas for it, please, share.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 12:46:59 pm »
That's what you get for using Apple!

Okay, my idea was in my last post, the random anims every so often if you don't take drugs. Also certain anims while you're taking drugs as well and stamina effects as well.
The above post may contain sarcasm, typos, and/or feelings or opinions. This may offend people. I don't care.

Dan Wheldon, 1978-2011

Offline Weisheng_Qiu

• Emergency Services
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2013, 12:53:42 pm »
+1
Totally agree

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 01:16:05 pm »
We can't alter strength (Other than the system we added), speed or stamina?

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 01:32:06 pm »
We can't alter strength (Other than the system we added), speed or stamina?

Didn't Kye say that was planned to alter stamina and weapon skills?

Dan Wheldon, 1978-2011

Offline Raul

• Hobo With A Shotgun
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 01:32:53 pm »
Weapon skill is already possible I think.

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 01:34:53 pm »
Indeed weapon skill is alterable.

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 01:55:53 pm »
Well that's a wee hole in my plan. But I suppose weapon damage in general could be the buff.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 02:01:29 pm »
Hm

In that case, add meth that maxes out the weapon skills and damage for a set period of time and (if possible) slows health loss a little. So instead of going from 100hp down to 50hp when you get shot, you go down to 75HP/80HP.

Now before you all go screaming 'ZOMG THAT'S NOT RP', people on meth don't feel a lot of pain.

Now.

Weed? Should provide a SLIGHT health buff. *cough*Ispeakfromexperiencehere*cough*

Cocaine should provide maxed damage with all weapons for a few minutes

LSD should either do nothing, or go into some batshit insane trip, have the player character stand still but have the camera swoop around and teleport around, very, very quick cuts to different areas.

Heroin should provide a health boost but be the most addicting.

The downsides of all these drugs?

Addiction.

Every day (IG time) you need to take a drug or you start suffering withdrawl symptoms, these include but are not limited to:

Being frozen in place spouting gibbersh (similar to being frozen), Paranoia (you type in for instance 'Hey Raul' and it comes out as unintelligent screaming), reduced health (down from 100 to 50 max HP, however you can heal it back up to 100)

Every time you take a drug, you have a random % to overdose and a second % chance to die from that OD.

So, let's say I take a hit of cocaine, I have an X%age to overdose from that, and then because I OD'd, I have a second X% to die due to it.

So let's say both hit 100% and I a) OD and b) die, it'd be as if I did /kill, I'd drop dead from it immediately. If I just OD'd, I'd be locked in an animation and only the EMS could save me. The more drugs you do, the more chance you run of just dropping dead (look at Nikki Sixx and Motley Crue, they did more drugs than just about anyone and he 'died' twice).

Cleaning up?

Yes, you can clean yourself of addictions ether by waiting it out and going cold turkey (not recommended), or the EMS can clean you up quicker.

Dan Wheldon, 1978-2011

Offline Edgar

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2013, 05:37:41 pm »
I've heard of a drug called the Krokodil. We could use that shit to kill ourselves.
Also, most ppl run around with 150 max health.

Charles_Milarky

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 01:58:17 pm »
Sounds alright this, wouldn't mind seeing an update to the drug system.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 02:04:41 pm »
Since I couldn't sleep and was watching playoff hockey all night, I added a few more ideas.

Meth should give strength but then remove it (if doable, Is it possible to remove/reset strength to zero?) once the high is over.

For instance, I got 100 strength, I do meth, it gives a 100% boost to strength for two minutes, my strength is now 200

However, when those two minutes are up, strength gets reset to zero so I have to build it up again from scratch.

Dan Wheldon, 1978-2011

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 02:16:51 pm »
Strength, stamina, and running speed aren't fuck-withable.