Author Topic: April Progress Report  (Read 13362 times)

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
April Progress Report
« on: April 01, 2013, 05:03:11 PM »
I'll be posting here daily with the work I get done, keep checking back for the latest information :)

Note: This will be used to store information on the work done, not the things implemented into the server. Having carried out the work, it will then be tested and then implemented.

May 7th
Fuel system is coming along nicely and a basic version has now been handed to the BETA team :)

May 1st (Yes I know)
- Added ability to fill up fuel tankers at LV refinery
- Added ability to sell fuel to gas stations
- Refined numerous code sections
- Finished implementing KPH / MPH toggle

April 30th
- Added ability to fill up at gas stations
- Added animation and automatically corrected facing angle to filling up
- Added simple HUD to display current speed and remaining fuel (Capable of MPH and KPH don't worry)
- Finished the majority of math required for the system

Having driven round for some time, I'm fairly certain the fuel usage is under-calculated, but this may actually be better than the alternative, so I'll see what the testers think once it's done :).

April 25th - 29th
Apologies for the lack of posts over the last few days. Due to the actual release of RRP V1.5.9 there was little of excitement to discuss! Now however, we're back to developing new additions :)

April 24th
Further fixes on the update today as per BETA testing overnight.

Can now announce that RRP V1.5.9 will be coming Sunday 28th April, sometime in the afternoon. More details will be included in an official announcement topic in the next few days (Probably tomorrow!).

April 23rd
- Fixed all new issues highlighted during BETA
- UCP fixes
    - Now show server as online (As well as showing correct player count)
    - Now show usernames where there was previously a user ID instead
- Fixed business tills not being properly credited
- Fixed some businesses not being enterable correctly (Inc Alhambra) - Should take effect at next reboot
- Fixed some money exploits
- Fixed some local commands for interior-less businesses (Including /bizwithdraw and /bizdeposit)

April 22nd
Not had much time today, but have handed in my dissertation this morning so now have more time to work on other things. Anyway, have fixed all bugs highlighted by the BETA team yesterday. Hoping to get some bug-fixes on the rest of RRP done tomorrow during my hour, as well as any further fixes highlighted as required by the BETA team.

April 20-21st
Object system is now finished and has been submitted (Along with the vehicle inventory system) to the BETA team for imminent testing :)

April 19th
Objects now save and load from the MySQL (Though admittedly I've not had a chance to test this or even upload the script yet, so will do that tomorrow).

Only had about an hour window to work on it today, so will catch up tomorrow.

April 18th
Objects are now streamed in once placed (As in their pre-placed state they cannot be streamed due to requiring SA:MP's AttachObjectToPlayer function). To prevent abuse the system will limit you to 10 "Unsaved" objects (Unsaved being objects that are not placed within a definitive property boundary).

Next up will possibly be making the entire system save, but we'll see as I may be limited on time tomorrow and don't want to start it if I can't finish it.

April 17th
- Furniture sell back system now in place
- Categories of purchasable furniture now include (Thanks to the Mapping team):
    - Seating
    - Tables & Desks
    - Miscellaneous Household
    - Bedding
    - Flowers & Lighting
- More bugfixes and general tidying up of code

Next on the agenda is to make the objects conform to the object streamer, and also to add the actual businesses for the above categories, which I have asked the mapping team to locate for me :)

April 16th
House coupling is now done, allowing objects to be associated with houses when they are placed inside or outside of a house. This works on any house, allowing you to place furniture in other peoples homes (Though you will be notified that you are doing so). This allows furniture to be associated with a property, and thus be sold or deleted with it. Along with this I've also done the furniture max functions which help ensure houses are not over-filled with property, as well as a few other bits and bobs.

Mapping team have made good strides in categorising the available furniture, so next up will be the furniture sell back system, adding the categories and maybe getting the stuff to save and load (I will see about this, as it is best done near the end).

April 15th
Today I have integrated the Inventory & Furniture Systems into RRP's main script :)! I've also put in a system for splitting the available furniture amongst different furniture businesses (Wahey new businesses!). I've just assigned the task of splitting the objects into categories to the mapping team, who I'm hopeful will have it done relatively quickly. In addition to this there have also been a few more performance and reliability fixes to the aforementioned systems :).

On tomorrow's agenda is for me to bring in house identification, whereby items are associated with properties themselves, and also to add the ability to sell back furniture to stores :)

April 12th - 14th
All to do with vehicle inventory system:
- Significant performance changes (In some cases code is 1/3 the size)
- Added ability to store cash and armour in inventories
- Addition of quantity indication (Ammo, money amount, armour quality - See picture)
- Graphical fixes to remove a flickering issue when interacting with inventory

On the agenda for tomorrow is to finish up any minor changes and - if I have time (As I am preparing my dissertation for final draft hand in) - To integrate with the overall script, allowing me to incorporate the other systems (Saving, loading, houses etc.), which will put us very close to being able to release the system!

April 11th
Not much to report on today, lots of code refinements, not really had a big enough timeframe to do anything major, but have refined the layout and colour scheme to match the UCP until such a time as the layout and colour scheme become a bigger priority.

April 10th
Vehicle inventory and furniture system are now integrated together, allowing you to purchase multiple items of furniture and place them into your vehicles inventory, drive to a destination, and then take each item back out again :)

Also added the ability to adjust furniture in greater detail using SA:MP's object placement system.

Things are really starting to take shape now, I have asked the mapping team to take care of something, once this is in place I'll push everything into the main script and record a demo or something for everyone :)

April 9th
More time spent on the inventory and furniture systems, everything has now been combined into a single filterscript (As reloading a filterscript takes 1 second, instead of rebooting the server which takes 1 minute!). Unfortunately was cut short due to releasing the update, but still got lots of background work done :)

April 8th

Further work to the vehicle inventory system. Tomorrow I will be integrating it with the furniture system (Both of which are still in very primitive forms mind you), ahead of 1.5.8A's release tomorrow a 5PM.

April 7th

Continued work on the vehicle inventory system (Key to the furniture system).

^ Click for bigger version

April 6th

Continued work on refining the the high calibre system. Was unfortunately cut short due to server issues.

April 5th

More refinements to the high calibre bullet system, much better now, and started on a relatively simple vehicle inventory system.

April 4th

Today has been mostly theoretical work. This is partly due to the lack of suggestions receiving all round approval, as there's less for me to add. In any case, I have put a few hours into the furniture system, whether I continue it and implement it into the main script or simply backstop it until a later date will be decided based on the response to its topic which I will be posting in momentarily.

I had hoped to release the work done up till now today, but sadly the BETA team has not tested everything so I really can't. At this point I'm just waiting for them to test things so I can release them, as features like the high calibre bullet system require two people online at once.

April 3rd

Added
- Started work on a movable furniture system, currently more of an experiment but we'll see where it leads

Fixed
- Numerous smaller fixes, currently staying as is until the first two sections have been tested so I can release it

April 2nd

Added
- High calibre sniper ammo (1 shot kill for unarmoured targets - To be explained later)

Fixed
- Money (And potentially other stats) bug
- Vehicles now retain their saved angle when parked instantly, whether somebody is nearby to its spawn point or not
- Numerous fixes / upgrades to yesterdays work
- A few other smaller fixes not worth documenting

April 1st

Added
- Ability to drop and pick up Weapons, Armour and Cash

Fixed
- Clothes shops not giving all clothing options
- Changing name not renaming your property correctly (Only aesthetics)
- Business icons not showing if you are in-game during a reboot
- Parking a vehicle not storing the correct position
- Being able to dance your way out of a tazered state
- Ability to set your house as rentable or not
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 03:33:14 PM by Redgie »

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: April Progress Report
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 05:05:29 PM »
April 1st

Added
- Ability to drop and pick up Weapons, Armour and Cash

Fixed
- Clothes shops not giving all clothing options
- Changing name not renaming your property correctly (Only aesthetics)
- Business icons not showing if you are in-game during a reboot
- Parking a vehicle not storing the correct position
- Being able to dance your way out of a tazered state
- Ability to set your house as rentable or not

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline Liu_Xiang(Hisagi)

• The Triads
  • LOK Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
k Cool :D, Fix the Phones, ain't got one and implement !!!
Since Light travel's faster then sound, people may appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Luis.

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 05:37:05 PM »
Gotta be tested first.
hai this is steve from aldo costa i want anyone to let redgie back please :D

Offline Westorz

• 3rd Street Saints
  • Dude weed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:43:53 PM »
I noticed all properties and stuff are still on the wrong names, I wonder if people would mind a complete restart :P (Everyone level 1 and no stuff)
I miss you faggots alot :(

Offline Yakuta

• Member of the RAYLOY party
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 01:24:09 AM »
You're not meant to do april fools after 12 Redgie..

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 11:28:02 AM »
It's not an April fools :)

Will get started on today's work shortly.

Offline Westorz

• 3rd Street Saints
  • Dude weed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »

You're posting RRP news in Cypher board

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »
This board is for new concerning Cypher Gaming in its entirety. Anything related to Cypher Gaming (Not to be confused with Cypher RPG, a sub-server of the Cypher Gaming network) can be posted here, and often will be to draw more attention to it.

"Redgie's Role Play > Cypher Gaming - CypherGaming.co.uk > News, Announcements & Information"

Offline Westorz

• 3rd Street Saints
  • Dude weed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »
This board is for new concerning Cypher Gaming in its entirety. Anything related to Cypher Gaming (Not to be confused with Cypher RPG, a sub-server of the Cypher Gaming network) can be posted here, and often will be to draw more attention to it.

"Redgie's Role Play > Cypher Gaming - CypherGaming.co.uk > News, Announcements & Information"
Makes sense....
Still waiting for my In-Game Money

Offline Yakuta

• Member of the RAYLOY party
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »

Yes I know I was just joking xoxoxo

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 05:56:40 PM »
April 2nd

Added
- High calibre sniper ammo (1 shot kill for unarmoured targets - To be explained later)

Fixed
- Vehicles now retain their saved angle when parked instantly, whether somebody is nearby to its spawn point or not

Offline Westorz

• 3rd Street Saints
  • Dude weed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 06:16:20 PM »
April 2nd

Added

Fixed
What do you mean with Fixed Money?
Did you take a screwdriver and a 5 dollar bill?

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 06:46:08 PM »
No, it is referring to the money (and other stats) bug. It does say that.

Offline Westorz

• 3rd Street Saints
  • Dude weed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 08:07:26 PM »
No, it is referring to the money (and other stats) bug. It does say that.
So I should have my money back? :3