Author Topic: RRP today.  (Read 7094 times)

Offline -Hall l Rizzo

• 3rd Street Saints
  • LSPD Officer
    • View Profile
Re: RRP today.
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 06:57:43 am »
As of today, I don't want to not play on RRP because there's no updates, simply because nobody gives any time into the server. If you guys really cared, you'd play and enjoy what you got, I mean come on... new servers? They're all NGG edits or some shitty GF script. I mean, RRP has a decent script, with more futures then most. What else do you demand? I mean, I remember when people used to get on the server 24/7, when there was only 100 slots. Remember the brawls between GAC, LTG, 6SI, VL, and all those old school gangs? Or when they actually had hood RP instead of driving around bored? It's like, dafuq happened? If you don't have the time, you don't have the time, but don't come whining on here like you actually give a fuck, because honestly, you don't. I've sent a message to everyone on my skype, pmed people to get online, and even told IRL friends to get on. It worked for a day, why? Because nobody was onto RP. We have to work together, really.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:02:11 am by Dami3n »

Offline Man|ac

• Haters hate because they know you're above them
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 08:07:20 am »
As of today, I don't want to not play on RRP because there's no updates, simply because nobody gives any time into the server. If you guys really cared, you'd play and enjoy what you got, I mean come on... new servers? They're all NGG edits or some shitty GF script. I mean, RRP has a decent script, with more futures then most. What else do you demand? I mean, I remember when people used to get on the server 24/7, when there was only 100 slots. Remember the brawls between GAC, LTG, 6SI, VL, and all those old school gangs? Or when they actually had hood RP instead of driving around bored? It's like, dafuq happened? If you don't have the time, you don't have the time, but don't come whining on here like you actually give a fuck, because honestly, you don't. I've sent a message to everyone on my skype, pmed people to get online, and even told IRL friends to get on. It worked for a day, why? Because nobody was onto RP. We have to work together, really.

Okay. How can you enjoy being the only player online? For a looooong time.

First of all, I have SHITLOADS of time to play, even on RRP. And I do give a fuck, who are you to tell me what I feel?

Second,  good old times.

Third, work together with who? Nobody's interested.

And there are better servers than RRP, I'm just banned from them :P

Offline Shadow_Pot

• RRP Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 02:28:20 pm »
The server is all bugged up, how is ppl gonna play when the server has been bugged since the server changed. Everyone lost just about everything they worked hard for except for their level. People lost intrest cause redgie has lost intrest

Offline Man|ac

• Haters hate because they know you're above them
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 07:54:51 pm »
The server is all bugged up, how is ppl gonna play when the server has been bugged since the server changed. Everyone lost just about everything they worked hard for except for their level. People lost intrest cause redgie has lost intrest

^^

Offline Luis.

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 10:45:03 pm »
I hate saying this, but things have gotta change, either Redgie has to find some time to work with RRP, or he has to close it / hire a scripter. I'm getting sick of not getting frequent updates / bug fixes, yeah he has a lot of uni work to do and has his own life, but he should of thought of all this before opening RRP.

Looking at other RP servers, and seeing they have a player base of over 50+ with frequent updates / bug fixes, then looking at RRP were there is barely any updates / bug fixes and nobody online.

So, please Redgie, do something, it's getting beyond a joke now.
hai this is steve from aldo costa i want anyone to let redgie back please :D

Offline Shadow_Pot

• RRP Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 11:54:55 pm »
when redgie opened rrp he was still a teenager that didn't go to college

Offline Sammy

• Cypher
  • Realistic Boobs Physics
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2013, 12:09:11 am »
He was in Year 9/10. Just an average kid at school that had some scripting talents and decided to create his own server after he was done with Pugs. He didn't know that the community was going to last this long so he did not know what he was getting himself into. None of us did once we first joined, fuck its been over 5 years or some shit and we're still here? Anyway, Redgie has a lot on his plate now considering that he goes to university, maintains to have a social life and has a job.

I don't blame him for the server/community going to shit. Degree level is fucking time consuming and stressful. The way I see it, there's only 2 realistic options for Redgie, hire scripter's/sell the script or close down for good.

In all honesty, closing would be the best option (when the times right). Hiring or selling the server would be quite bad because we would have to re-market the server again and re-build the community from the shattered glass that it currently is. If that doesn't work out, then Redgie would only feel more depressed since we all know that he would never give out or modify his code in the first place.

This community has been amazing and I'll never forget what I did during my early teen years, RPing with a bunch of awesome people, thank you all.
Sammy_Clark | LTG - Notorious G' | CRPG Server Admin | RRP Level 7 Admin | Gangmod

Offline David

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2013, 09:07:33 am »
I think hiring new scripters nowadays has no downsides. Back in the days, there was a big chance that Redgie could lose something when being scammed. But now, there's not really a lot to lose with this activity and outdated script. Go for it

Offline Walker

• RRP Admin
  • Sammy Salgo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2013, 07:44:12 pm »
I think hiring new scripters nowadays has no downsides. Back in the days, there was a big chance that Redgie could lose something when being scammed. But now, there's not really a lot to lose with this activity and outdated script. Go for it
Exactly. Even if some something does happen like that whole Scotty nonsense back in the day, it's either the scripting team does something or fuck all for the server, either or it remains the same or some activity will at least return which I definitely want to see. Haven't had a good RP in months.
Rahtatah

Offline Julio>

• RRP Admin
  • unbans for cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2013, 07:53:10 pm »
Agree with David.

Offline Devon Berry

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 10:03:05 pm »
Exactly. Even if some something does happen like that whole Scotty nonsense back in the day, it's either the scripting team does something or fuck all for the server, either or it remains the same or some activity will at least return which I definitely want to see. Haven't had a good RP in months.
Scripters wouldn't even need full access to the main script, so Redgie doesn't have a whole lot to worry about there.

Offline Damiazz

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2013, 12:31:34 pm »
I think the main thing need is to somehow advertise the server to attract new members and if theres a decent amount of people online maybe old players like me would want to play again like I love this server had a lot of great times on it but every time I look at it there is 0 people online.

Offline Yuan

• BETA Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2013, 01:19:52 pm »
I think the main thing need is to somehow advertise the server to attract new members and if theres a decent amount of people online maybe old players like me would want to play again like I love this server had a lot of great times on it but every time I look at it there is 0 people online.

People don't you realize SAMP itself is kinda dead? There are over 5700 servers online with roughly 39000 players, that makes around 6-7 players per server. Also RRP doesn't compete with the other up to date RP servers out there. Advertising won't make a difference until the script gets heavily updated. RRP is fun from time to time but not nearly as good as other RP servers.

George Patton
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.

Offline Señor Stanley

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2013, 01:38:20 pm »
Just fix the newly added bugs and the 1-10 ppl playing currently might just stick around bit longer ;)

Offline Liu_Xiang(Hisagi)

• The Triads
  • LOK Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2013, 01:45:58 pm »
It's pretty much dead, outdated script, you go online to talk and not RP.
A server needs regular updates, weekly ! or monthly, not every half a year...oh and considerable updates.
There are many great RP servers out there, script-wise or RP-wise, updates almost WEEKLY, only problem i had was starting over all alone.
A slight part of TRI has moved to a new place, however it's a US server so the time-zone kinda sucks.

Sa-mp is not dead, there are a lot of useless servers out there, RP ones are populated nowadayz, one i am on has 100 on average, the server is  over 1 year old or some shit.(1 year old, and the script they have...would take this place 4 years to catch up)

The script needs to be redone almost completely, it does not compete to other servers, you have a better chance of just starting a new server.
Good features get's players, i don't care to those who don't agree, they should know it's true.
At the beggining of sa-mp and RP servers, RRP was successfull for a period because it had a script that kept up with everyone else, while still offering unique stuff, now it has NOTHING most other servers don't allready do better. Not to mention we have to many restrictions on this server. (level wise or VIP accesible only, that everyone else gives for free)

Every update that comes now and then only motivates the old members that find it hard to move on, you aren't keeping any new players around, they are not attached to this server like the rest, they just want cool features and RP, wich we don't have.

This will always be the best server i EVER Was on, had the most fun and got to meet some great people/friends. BUT the true and hard fact is what i said above, i don't put it out there like a "hate message" to demoralize people but it is the TRUTH.
Don't expect me to lie so that you will feel like shit ain't as bad as they actually are.

I knew a server exactly like this: WSR, it died but kept going for 2 years, it almost revived halfway through when they got 2 developers and shit updates were coming out every 2 weeks(had 30 on peak time at the revival), but then they argued over something and took off...server died for good after staying online for another 3 months with just 6 players.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:22:14 pm by Liu_Xiang(Hisagi) »
Since Light travel's faster then sound, people may appear bright until you hear them speak.