Author Topic: [Unbanned] Brett  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Brett

• View Profile
[Unbanned] Brett
« on: January 02, 2013, 07:55:50 pm »
Ingame Name: Brett_Owens
IP Address:46.217.121.29
Time and date of ban: ATM.
Admin that banned You: David_Taylor
Reason for ban: C-bug.
Times you were banned before and what for (We will check this!): 0
Why should you be unbanned? I barely C-bugged. I pressed C only like three times or less. Plus, If I was banned, everybody should have been. I saw others doing it so I did it aswell. Yeah I know you're going to say "If others are rulebreaking doesn't mean you should too".
Come on, it's an event, it's Christmas, RRP's at the end of the line. Banning players for "c-bugging" on an EVENT is a bit too far fetched, atleast ATM. Worst case scenario, a WARN. I'm not telling you how to do you job, I'm just telling you that IMO I shouldn't have been banned.
In case of a warn ban, please list the reasons for the warns in your answer: None.

Screenshot of ban(Link Only): Didn't get one.

BRETT OWENS

Offline David

• LSPD
    • View Profile
Re: [Unban Appeal] Brett
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:22:30 pm »
It doesn't matter if you use it once or ten times. The fact is that you used it and it is against the rules. I saw you doing it just like a few other admins. I then spectated you and we recorded you breaking this rule. We then agreed on banning you for that.

Do not take this personal, because if I had seen anyone else do it, he would have gotten a ban as well. The argument that these are events does not count. Just because it's RRP's birthday, it doesn't mean you can break major rules just for fun. You can always report the others if you spot them c-bugging. You will have to wait for the unban admins to decide how long this ban will last.

Offline Brett

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 08:25:51 pm »
RRP is suffering from a low playerbase and you people go around banning for people pressing C two or three times at an EVENT. If I seriously did c-bug as you say, I would have been fine with the punishment... Plus, there was no reward for the winner of the event.

If just someone would have told me NEVER to do that again, or even give me 3 warnings in a row, I would have been fine with it. But no, you have to ban someone for "breaking" a minor rule, that gives you energy like three Snickers bars. I can give you names of people who c-bugged. I was C-bugged on countless of times during the event, but I wasn't a cry-baby and /report them, I just laughed and shot back. I was also broken a rule against on the race event, rather DMed. 2 times. http://redgies-rp.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=41197.0

We cannot stop banning people if they break a rule just because of a lower player base. That's like allowing everything. It's also not because the event had a reward or anything.

Just tell me if you want the names of the rulebreakers, I can give you the whole list.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 08:46:38 pm by Brett »

BRETT OWENS

Offline David

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 08:44:59 pm »
We cannot stop banning people if they break a rule just because of a lower player base. That's like allowing everything. It's also not because the event had a reward or anything.

Offline Brett

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 08:47:39 pm »

Ban EVERYONE that C-bugged and I'm fine with my ban.

BRETT OWENS

Offline David

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 09:04:01 pm »
I would love to, but neither did I see anyone else, nor has anyone else been reported. This is why we have a /report command.

Offline Brett

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 09:08:12 pm »
I am not a cry-baby to report people for having fun, neither did I expected to be reported and banned. Want the list of rulebreakers I saw at the events? I'm sure once I say what they did they will admit they did it.

BRETT OWENS

Offline Sammy

• Cypher
  • Realistic Boobs Physics
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 09:12:14 pm »
The fact is that you were the one caught, not the others. Sure, list the others that broke the rules.

This community has been amazing and I'll never forget what I did during my early teen years, RPing with a bunch of awesome people, thank you all.
Sammy_Clark | LTG - Notorious G' | CRPG Server Admin | RRP Level 7 Admin | Gangmod

Offline David

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 09:12:54 pm »
I am not a cry-baby to report people for having fun
We can only ban people if we witness the player breaking the rule.

Offline Brett

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 09:29:02 pm »
An admin witnessed the person that DMed me WHILE he was DMing me but decided not to take any action.

1. David_Klein hit me multiple times using his Batton right before the PB event (never reported, not a cry-baby)
2. While returning from Las Venturas, I did a stunt that made Sammy's car smoke so he stomped on it till it blew up, Julio/Redgie witnessed it using /spec. (Never reported, not a cry-baby)
3. Edgar_Smith and David_Klein c-bugged as much as me, but I don't see them banned (neither did I report them, not a cry-baby)
4. Redgie decreased my HP to 1 and ran after me with a baseball bat aiming to kill me (Didn't report, he was having fun)
5. Alicia_Pacino muting me for no reason (Still didn't report, not a cry-baby)

I didn't report ANY of these, yet they broke a rule on me. If they tell you that's not how it was, shame on them for lying (especially the admins)

I am not a cry-baby to report people for having fun
We can only ban people if we witness the player breaking the rule.

Read the topic in my pre-pre post, equality between players and admins. Admins cover up for admins, players asslick admins by /reporting other players for even the slightest of breaches, and then thank them a short million of times. How many times have you seen an admin telling another admin that he's not right? None.

BRETT OWENS

Offline Chad

• 3rd Street Saints
  • what am i even doing here anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2013, 09:41:06 pm »
Not allowed to post here but:

If you see someone breaking a rule, report them OR if you want to ignore them, do NOT break the rules they are breaking.
And AL muting you? He was just having fun bro. Chill.

Offline Brett

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2013, 09:49:44 pm »
Not allowed to post here but:

If you see someone breaking a rule, report them OR if you want to ignore them, do NOT break the rules they are breaking.
And AL muting you? He was just having fun bro. Chill.

Were you born this stupid or did you take lessons?
Yeah I know you're going to say "If others are rulebreaking doesn't mean you should too".

If rulebreaking and abusing powers is fun, then why was I banned? There is absolutely no need for you to post here.
As the rules for Unban Appeals state: Posting by people not involved in the incident/with admin permission should not post here.
So, get off my Appeal.

Oh and, brah, I'm chilled  8)

BRETT OWENS

Offline David

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 11:01:48 pm »
All this has nothing to do with the fact that you used the "c-bug" which is bannable. There's no way of arguing over the fact that my decision was wrong. I already stated that if you want others to be treated just like you, report them when you see them breaking a rule.

Offline Julio>

• unbans for cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 11:16:10 pm »
As the server isn't at it's most popular state, any regular player is seen as a prize.

Everyone was technically breaking rules anyways (DM'ing) so I don't see how this ban is applicable.

Unbanned.