Author Topic: Show off your rig/gear/band whatever else takes your fancy!  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Razgriz

• RRP Admin
    • View Profile
Show off your rig/gear/band whatever else takes your fancy!
« on: November 11, 2012, 07:12:37 PM »
So since theres no topic bout music and rigs or such i thought i might aswell make a topic.

You can post anything bout your band,recordings or your personal instrument rigs or any info you want to share or show off, so to get the ball rolling im gonna post my current rig(s) in full detail :)

Bass's:

Fender Precision MiM (modded with Seymour Duncan QP's) (Tuned D-A-D-G)
2x Peavey Millenium BXP 5 (Tuned A-E-A-D-G)
Epiphone Thunderbird (Tuned E-A-D-G)

Amplification-
Ampeg PF500 W PF 2x10 cab.

Effects-
Proco Rat
EHX Big Muff
Boss ODB-3 (main pedal <3)
Line 6 Bass POD 1st gen

Some photo's below, last one is me and one of my fivers in action.

PSN: Razgriz_2142

Offline Walker

• RRP Admin
  • Sammy Salgo
    • View Profile
Re: Show off your rig/gear/band whatever else takes your fancy!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »
I like this topic, although I'm a little too lazy right now to post all my shit lol. I have a Millenium BXP myself but it's only a 4 string. I'll get around to posting all my equipment tomorrow probably.
Rahtatah

Offline Razgriz

• RRP Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 08:13:32 AM »
I like this topic, although I'm a little too lazy right now to post all my shit lol. I have a Millenium BXP myself but it's only a 4 string. I'll get around to posting all my equipment tomorrow probably.
nice, what you think of the Millenium? curious to see what someone else says bout it.I personalyl think it offers some of the best bang for buck on the market right now, although i am modding the pickups in my ones to Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in the next 2 months :P

Offline Walker

• RRP Admin
  • Sammy Salgo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 02:51:52 AM »
nice, what you think of the Millenium? curious to see what someone else says bout it.I personalyl think it offers some of the best bang for buck on the market right now, although i am modding the pickups in my ones to Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders in the next 2 months :P
I found they sounded great through the right amp, only problem is the magnetic pick ups that when you really got into playing hard would generate that clicking noise by accidentally touching the string against the pick up. (Atleast in the lower tunings where the strings get more wobbly.) Changing them out for some SD's is a great idea and would make that bass so much better then it already is, once you get rid of those magnetic pick ups. It is extremely cheap compared to the higher end bass' but has great sound for what you pay.
Rahtatah

Offline Razgriz

• RRP Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »
I found they sounded great through the right amp, only problem is the magnetic pick ups that when you really got into playing hard would generate that clicking noise by accidentally touching the string against the pick up. (Atleast in the lower tunings where the strings get more wobbly.) Changing them out for some SD's is a great idea and would make that bass so much better then it already is, once you get rid of those magnetic pick ups. It is extremely cheap compared to the higher end bass' but has great sound for what you pay.
I go for a lot of clank in my tone heres a quick 5min diy cover ot thy art is murder i boosted on SC last night :P
http://soundcloud.com/alan-rodgers/reign-of-darkness-cover-rough

theres mistakes but its forgivable i was reading and playing xD.

Offline Walker

• RRP Admin
  • Sammy Salgo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2013, 10:44:40 PM »
I go for a lot of clank in my tone heres a quick 5min diy cover ot thy art is murder i boosted on SC last night :P
http://soundcloud.com/alan-rodgers/reign-of-darkness-cover-rough

theres mistakes but its forgivable i was reading and playing xD.
Still sounded solid all the way through only a couple little bumps here and there but besides that a fantastic job.

My band just had our first gig on March 30th it was pretty fucking awesome got a 20 person mosh going and a wall of death, the only one of the night. 7 song set twas wicked, did Boneyards by Parkway Drive and Through Struggle - As I Lay Dying then 5 originals.

I'm the drummer with the jizz face lol.

Biggest mosh of the night:
Rahtatah

Offline Razgriz

• RRP Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:42:49 PM »
ice, my old band split up and in the midst of forming a more hardcore band which is just going to be a pure back to basics effort with a couple guys i've known for maaany years.

Hell the vocalist and me are heavily influenced by sabbath so we're gonna end up having a weird sound.First practice and writing sesh in like a weeks time.