Author Topic: New Computer Needed  (Read 15324 times)

Offline Uncle_Gravy

• AL_Pacino
    • View Profile
New Computer Needed
« on: September 20, 2012, 02:00:28 pm »
Fancy a new computer now since been with mine for 8 years now.

Planning to get this bundle from overclockers

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-108-OE

and the extras i'll need such as:

Corsair Obsidian 650D - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-036-CS&groupid=2362&catid=1489&subcat=

Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-257-SE&groupid=701&catid=14&subcat=1279

Graphic card I won't worry about since having a HD6850 which i bought back in march.

Bought this PSU - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-055-OC back in march too, so hopefully be able to use it, then upgrade when I decide to get a better G Card if needed.

Altogether price wise around £820

Opinions?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:30:58 am by Uncle_Gravy »
Support my YT Channel by Subscribing - www.Youtube.com/User/GamingWithUncleGravy
Support my Twitch Channel by Following - www.Twitch.tv/Uncle_Gravy

Offline Katashi

• The Triads
  • #BanBrett2013
    • View Profile
Re: New Computer Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 03:05:36 pm »

Offline Uncle_Gravy

• AL_Pacino
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 04:32:52 pm »
Corsair Graphite 600TM - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-055-CS
Bought that one bout a week ago, it's... large ._.

Reviews on it seem good, but there's only space for one fan on the top, i was hoping there was 2 slots because i was thinking of upgrading the CPU cooler to a Corsair H100 - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HS-009-CS and mounting it on the top.
Support my YT Channel by Subscribing - www.Youtube.com/User/GamingWithUncleGravy

Offline Yuan

• BETA Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 04:40:43 pm »
Take a look at this casing "Aerocool XPredator Evil Blue Window" Oh and the bundle looks epic.

George Patton
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.

Offline Uncle_Gravy

• AL_Pacino
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »
seems expensive, but depends if you want to build your own or not.

for example;
http://www.ebuyer.com/393828-toshiba-1tb-hard-drive-dt01aca100

search up the components on hotukdeals.com

That's made my overall 20 quid cheaper, and does the same job, nice.

Offline Uncle_Gravy

• AL_Pacino
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 07:10:07 pm »
This case really takes my fancy Corsair Obsidian 650D - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-036-CS&groupid=2362&catid=1489&subcat=

That'll be perfect to hold the Corsair H100 CPU Cooler.

Offline Julio>

• RRP Admin
  • unbans for cookies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 09:33:35 pm »
looks like a complete waste of shittt

love you al <3

Offline Uncle_Gravy

• AL_Pacino
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 11:36:46 am »
Recommendation on Cases and CPU coolers guys?

Currently looking at the Corsair Obsidian 650D - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-036-CS&groupid=2362&catid=1489&subcat=

It looks good, and being able to cable manage by chucking the cables behind the motherboard is a massive plus, Cooling options such as the 200mm fan on the front, 200mm on top (With options to fit 2x 120mm or 140mm, or the Corsair H100).

Or Just had a quick look at this, the Cooler Master HAF X Gaming Tower - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-203-CM&groupid=2362&catid=29&subcat=

The problem with this case, is its one of them LOOK AT ME cases, i'm after something a bit subtle, but fan options well 230mm on the front, 2x 200mm on the top, 200mm on the side, an internal 120mm blowing air on the G Cards going to the back of the case and 140mm on the rear. Also able to cable manage the same as the Corsair 650D, this is my new favourite at this moment.

Haven't really looked at CPU coolers, looking at the Corsair H series coolers but after seeing a comment redgie made on another topic, i'm uncertain of them now.

So any recommendations will be awesome.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:59:24 am by Uncle_Gravy »

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 01:32:19 pm »
If all you want is cable management and a couple of case fans there's plenty available for less than that! I was lucky enough to get my Antec P182 for £20 barely used, but there are plenty new for cheaper than the two you've posted!

As for CPU cooling. I should clarify my other comments. Those H series are very good coolers, expensive but good. They are not really water cooling in the sense of being able to say "I have a water cooled PC", they do work in the same way, but obviously in a much smaller fashion. There's nothing wrong with getting these, as long as the one you look at is better than the equivalent fan only option for the same price. I personally use an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 and have recommended it to plenty of people here, I believe it has been re-done a couple of times since I got it but certainly for the price it's worth looking at.

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline Uncle_Gravy

• AL_Pacino
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 01:44:00 pm »
If all you want is cable management and a couple of case fans there's plenty available for less than that! I was lucky enough to get my Antec P182 for £20 barely used, but there are plenty new for cheaper than the two you've posted!

As for CPU cooling. I should clarify my other comments. Those H series are very good coolers, expensive but good. They are not really water cooling in the sense of being able to say "I have a water cooled PC", they do work in the same way, but obviously in a much smaller fashion. There's nothing wrong with getting these, as long as the one you look at is better than the equivalent fan only option for the same price. I personally use an Arctic Freezer Pro 7 and have recommended it to plenty of people here, I believe it has been re-done a couple of times since I got it but certainly for the price it's worth looking at.

I just want something that'll keep the PC really cool and at a reasonable price, I'll check out that arctic cooler though.

At £15 and rated 5 stars from hundreds of people, i'll defo give it a try.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 01:52:10 pm by Uncle_Gravy »

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 02:14:16 pm »
It's certainly worth a punt. I can't comment on noise as the P182 is padded so I couldn't hear a bomb go off in there...

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline Uncle_Gravy

• AL_Pacino
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 02:17:45 pm »
It's certainly worth a punt. I can't comment on noise as the P182 is padded so I couldn't hear a bomb go off in there...

Noise really wouldn't bother me, since i'll always have a headset on.

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 04:13:51 pm »
Then I definitely recommend it. It's a damn sight cheaper than one of the water based ones. Unless of course money isn't really an object, in which case it's completely up to you. If someone offered me one in place of my arctic, and it stacked up higher on a comparison sight, I'd switch.

Offline Uncle_Gravy

• AL_Pacino
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 04:40:09 pm »
Then I definitely recommend it. It's a damn sight cheaper than one of the water based ones. Unless of course money isn't really an object, in which case it's completely up to you. If someone offered me one in place of my arctic, and it stacked up higher on a comparison sight, I'd switch.

I'm still liking the Cooler Master Haf X, even if it is 130 quid, just the thought of 3x 200mm and a 230mm all in that case, is gonna keep the whole system cool.

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 05:17:51 pm »
Case fans can be the be all and end all of good airflow, but the actual cooling is much more down to the CPU cooler itself.

That being said, obviously if you block all the air vents and stick the worlds best air cooler on it's still going to phail. But by the sounds of it you know that...