Author Topic: Tips on Reporting a Bug (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING)  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tips on Reporting a Bug (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING)
« on: August 25, 2012, 02:10:28 pm »
1. Information
It's amazing how many people will post a bug report with little to no valid information. It is recommended that you explain the before, during and after of experiencing a bug, highlighting details along the way. In addition, evidence such as screenshots is extremely recommended, as it helps us to engage in the situation like you.

In some cases, you may find yourself brainstorming a theory as to the cause and / or solution to a bug. If you feel this has any merit, please post it. Sometimes a user hits the nail on the head and saves hours of work by making an educated guess as to how a bug is occurring, or how to fix it.

In addition, it is highly recommended that you use a topic title relevant to your issue.

2. 1 Bug per Topic
In order for us to allocate as much attention as possible to your bug, please refrain from creating a topic about multiple bugs. Believe it or not, we would rather have 10 topics about 10 bugs than 1 topic with 10 bugs in it.

3. Keep your topic up to date
Throughout the course of the fixing process, we may require more information from you about the issue you experienced / are experiencing. It is therefore extremely important that you keep your topic up to date, and regularly check back to see if we require further information. We recommend you subscribe to notifications on the topic to ensure you are told of any new posts. Inactive topic may be deleted if you do not reply.

4. Use exact quotations!
When using a quotation such as "Then you receive a message saying 'now enter your password'", please ensure you use an exact quote of what the server says. This will speed up time with me looking for the right part of the code, as I can simply type your quotation in and it will find the line.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:20:53 pm by Redgie »

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.