Author Topic: RS: New Business Profit & Cost System  (Read 2731 times)

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RS: New Business Profit & Cost System
« on: April 13, 2011, 07:49:35 pm »
I've suggested something similar before, but this is much simpler and acts as a sinkhole for money.

The Concept
Your business operates a service or provides a product, with this comes a cost, that takes away from the revenue (Usually the /enter) and leaves you with profit. However currently only 1 business actually has any costs.

With this new suggestion, businesses will take in money, but will only receive that money at PayDay's. The amount will appear on the owners PayDay statement if they are online, or will simply go into the business bank account otherwise. Therefore when you type /enter, the owner of the business only receives a certain amount of it, and they only get it at PayDay.

Costs
Costs are based on what you offer, for example:
The Star Tower
- Electricity to power the elevator
- Parachute

The Bomb Shop
- Parts to make the bombs

Bars / Clubs
- Wages of the Door Man / Bouncer
- Cost of drinks
- Electricity

These costs combine to make one overall cost per customer. This is then taken from the overall revenue from that customer, and you are left with the gross profit. For Example:
The Star Tower
Entrance Fee $1,000
Parachute $200
Gross Profit: $800

Taxation (Dependent on Implementation of my Government suggestion)
Taxation acts as a further cost and gives a certain amount of the revenue to the government. This is known as the VAT (Value Added Tax) here in the UK and is charged at 20%. This means that if you sell an item for $100, you have to give $20 of that amount to the government. For Example:
The Star Tower
Entrance Fee $1,000
Parachute $200
VAT: $200
Gross Profit: $600

PayDay System
Rather than have the money go into your business' bank account instantly, the money will be in processing until the next PayDay, this is when all the transaction costs are processed. So at PayDay you would receive the following addition:
Business Account - Star Tower Parachute's
Total Customers: 100 - Total Revenue: $100,000
Total Costs: $20,000 - Total VAT: $20,000
Total Profit: $60,000 - Current Account Balance: $120,000

At this point, you can now collect the money from your account should you wish to.

Debt
Due to this system, bad pricing can mean that your business can have to close down, for example, if your product costs a total of $200, and you're selling it at $100, you will lose $100 per transaction. At this point, your business will declare bankruptcy and be closed until you inject some money into it.

Advantages of This System
- Provides a Sinkhole for money to dissappear
- More realistic than most businesses currently having no expenditures and being pure profit machines
- Pricing will change to a structure rather than being random, a business' entrance fee will reflect its costs
- If the government suggestion is implemented, VAT provides an important source if income to it
- This system has potential in certain areas, such as: (None of these are being suggested now, they are just to show it has potential)
    - Businesses that provide the raw materials your business uses could be created
    - The withdrawal of money process could be turned into a risk (Think of a business owner carrying a briefcase full of money that is droppable)
    - Creates competition, duplicate businesses can now be created as owners will price theirs to attract business from their competitors

Questions
So in essence, you're taking away money from me, and you expect me to think this is a good idea?
If you look over the benefits you will see that it will benefit the server as a whole, and you don't necessarily lose money, as you can raise your prices to combat costs. The way to look at it from your perspective is that the money you lose is helping reduce inflation, and will at some point (hopefully) fund a stable government.

I'm a customer of many businesses, how will this affect me?
At first this suggestion means you may see entrance fee increases as businesses attempt to better cover their costs, however over time as more businesses appear it is likely that prices will fall as competition increases.

I don't own a business, and rarely use them, why should I care?
If the government suggestion is implemented, every member of the server will be affected by how the government operates, and they will operate better if they are better funded, this suggestion allows you to fund the government without doing anything different!

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline Raul

• Hobo With A Shotgun
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RS: New Business Profit & Cost System
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 08:12:25 pm »
Just saying: Then what is the use of a business, if the amount of profit is minimal?

Offline Yuan

• BETA Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 08:16:11 pm »
I'd suggest that every biz has a standard ( unchangeable ) entrance fee depending on what sort of biz it's.

But I do like the idea. 1+
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:19:42 pm by Yuan ヅ »

George Patton
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won’t.

Offline Lance

• RRP Based Browser Game
  • Proud kiwi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »
If you do this, people will just raise prices.
Hi Ray. Are you excited to play with Chav and Lance?

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 09:00:53 pm »
If you do this, people will just raise prices.

As is stated in the OP, thanks.

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Duyi Yaozu

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 09:06:12 pm »
I think this suggestion is great, but businesses are very rarely used. We ought to make them more special and useful and then add this.

Offline Luis.

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 12:04:05 am »
I think this suggestion is great, but businesses are very rarely used. We ought to make them more special and useful and then add this.
Yes, I am sure we could find away to get the business to be used again, anyhow it is a good suggestion.
hai this is steve from aldo costa i want anyone to let redgie back please :D

Offline Colydingstone ☉♌

• Inject this dose of the future
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 08:49:55 am »
you know what- just start scripting ;)

Offline Luis.

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 08:54:14 pm »