Author Topic: Found a Bug?  (Read 5770 times)

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Found a Bug?
« on: August 29, 2009, 02:19:55 pm »
Please post here any bugs you encounter, if they are found to be real, you will be rewarded in Donation Points once the issue has been fixed. Yes, you get FREE points for simply letting us know that something went wrong!

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline Alfred Samuels

• Alfred Samuels [Chief EMS]
    • View Profile
Re: Found a Bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:34:14 am »
hey i only donated like 20 and it says ive donated 26 why?? is this a bbug
Now the Chief

Offline Dean Rogers

• LSPD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 06:50:11 am »
Hmm.. It seems to people when you buy a car and exit, It seems to lock up.
Then you have to buy a lock.
It's happened to a few people.
You have the wrong place to be posting, this is about donating errors

hey i only donated like 20 and it says ive donated 26 why?? is this a bbug
What you are talking about is the bottem corner, correct? that is the total amount for the month, 72 GBP is how much the server costs a month

OnTopic: I saw last night that a few people were saying that they had bought a car from a dealership, and custom plates were already on the car, yet have not bought the custom plates. don't have proof, it's jsut what i read

Offline Luis.

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:54:59 pm »
Did you click 'return to merchant'? You should follow my guide on how to donate.
hai this is steve from aldo costa i want anyone to let redgie back please :D

Billy_Hill

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 06:56:09 pm »
Hello. I did donate 5euro (5dp) a few hours ago, but i did never get em. (i did use paypal.) Afther the payment i did X down the paypal page somehow.

link: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7799/dprrp.png

You should've clicked Return to Merchant. I had the same problem a while ago. If Redgie has evidence of your Transaction i'm sure he'll get around to giving you the DP's (As he did when i had the problem). Just wait for him to get on and find the time to read this.

Sidenote: Damn Luis, you beat me here :P

Offline Kim Jong Lai

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 07:03:17 pm »
Hello. I did donate 5euro (5dp) a few hours ago, but i did never get em. (i did use paypal.) Afther the payment i did X down the paypal page somehow.

link: http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/7799/dprrp.png

You should've clicked Return to Merchant. I had the same problem a while ago. If Redgie has evidence of your Transaction i'm sure he'll get around to giving you the DP's (As he did when i had the problem). Just wait for him to get on and find the time to read this.

Sidenote: Damn Luis, you beat me here :P

Ah, well thanks. I do hope Redgie will come online soon ;-)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:09:20 pm by Jack_Pelos »

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 11:55:12 am »
I have sent you your points, please be sure to click Return to Merchant next time :)

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline Jax_Cavalera

• My god pouts on the cover of the magazine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 11:42:15 am »
Not sure if anyone else has thought of this but... basically here is a bug.. so to speak

Since players are making "donations" there shouldn't be any promised reward for doing so as this is no longer a donation but a purchase/sales transaction.

A player can very easily purchase an insane quantity of DP's and then dispute the purchase with paypal after they have already dispersed those DP's amongst many other players etc..

The player will definitely get reimburst from paypal due to it offering insurance on payments up to 70k or so I think it is.

The player would win the case as they can claim that they never got what they paid for and that the seller is claiming it to be a donation but it's clearly not as it's a purchase / sales system in place etc.

SOLUTION

No longer title them as donation points and list them as a virtual item for sale not a donation as it's not really donating and could be either taken as abuse of paypal's services or as sales fraud.. either way it's not going to go in favour of the seller unless the terms of sale are made more clear and defined as an actual sale etc.

Some may not consider this a bug but it's still a large flaw in the wording and description of the process of sales that can easily lead to a mass distribution and flooding of free dp's throughout the server.

"Get Free Mother Fucker!!!"

Offline known

• The Boss's Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 12:48:52 pm »
inb4 Redgie makes up an excuse that has nothing to do with what Jax said.

I know it has been bothering you for some time now man, glad you felt like saying what you think.

Offline Jax_Cavalera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 12:54:54 pm »
Yeah it has always been at the back of my mind when I use to play a lot.. and then again more recently..

I have had a fair few purchases and done a lot regarding the paypal dispute faculty.  As it turns out they usually award in favour of the person that has spent money just because that person has more at stake and so they are more likely to be telling the truth than the person receiving the payments.

I also have mentioned this flaw in the sales and labeling of "donations" before and it was basically tossed aside, however hopefully this will bring more serious attention to the very real threat of someone going rogue and completely ruining RRP by flooding it with stolen Diamonds.

A sale is a sale what's the harm in being honest about what is actually happening if it ensures the security and stability of the server?

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 01:40:51 pm »
I've always wanted to list donation points as a sale instead, originally they were bought but due to SA being owned by R* you're not legally allowed to accept payments on something that is ran on their product without having permission, and as R* refuse to associate with anything SA:MP related we would have a job getting permission!

On the subject of PayPal, the last 4 charge-backs have all ended in RRP's favour due to the transactions being listed as a donation, which it is. Money donated is never used for anything other than paying for bills, and the reward you get for donating is not a guarantee, it is a gesture of good will from RRP.

Believe me I would much rather have a simple "Buy a RRP Diamond" system than "Donate and get free Donation Points as a reward", but I'd need permission from R* and SA:MP. You do seem more knowledgable than me however, so if you know some way in which we can get around this please feel free to say!

Offline Jax_Cavalera

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 02:16:33 pm »
What I would do then is I would sell players virtual products on the UCP.. which is just an online website and has nothing to do with R* San Andreas game directly.  However people are able to use these products to enhance a game they own.. namely R*'s San Andreas.   There is no law against that.. it'd be like people who make knitted cell phone holders having to get permission from every single cell phone manufacturer to sell them.

If it's not something that's used directly in a game but is used to enhance a game then there is no issues selling the item.  It'd be like the creators of memory hacking software getting permission from all other software manufacturers to sell their software as it can be used to enhance and alter the contents of all software that store data in system memory.

The only other fail safe I'd do is put a Terms and Conditions in that specifies the lifespan of purchased goods (diamonds) Which will cover you being able to remove everything at some point instead of being bound to keep everything indefinitely.  So long as the diamonds are only used to enhance the player's interaction with the game (which is what they currently do) then it's not crossing that line.  You would just have to ensure that the quantity of virtual diamonds being purchased is stated inside of the transaction so you can combat their claims that they have already given back what they felt they were buying etc.

it'd be different charging a person real money for in game houses or in game money directly etc...

With that all in mind I think it is more than possible to adjust the system to a buy system and once that is done you'd have a much more solid case to argue against people trying to fraud the paypal system and flood RRP with stolen DP's.  Of cause should the people buying the DP's not be aware of their rights and this ability to exploit the current system.. then all is well I guess.. but if they were aware of the right way to communicate with the paypal staff and push their case properly with enough evidence that they purchased under the impression that their goods were to last indefinitely It could be a different story.

Up to you what you do in the end as we are all aware you have been running things well for a long time, I'm just trying to point out a possible bug/exploitation to the current DP purchase system so it can be averted.

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 02:28:23 pm »
Thanks for all the info, this is the sort of thing that will be infinitely useful as I'm not too ofae with the area. I'll look at switching them over shortly, going to be doing some work on the donation system anyway in conjunction with Cypher dev.

Thanks again :)

Offline Jax_Cavalera

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 02:35:20 pm »
NP man you got a cool thing going here and I don't wanna see it fall apart.  Good to see you're also getting more involved with scripting things etc again.  I'm happy to see you've made changes regarding scripting too by adding a mapping team too.  As you'd know I've got a small investment in the server myself as does a lot of people in this community so anything positive for the server deserves to be recognised.