Author Topic: script pls  (Read 239 times)

Offline Bodie

• Admin Level 6
    • View Profile
Re: script pls
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 07:19:17 pm »
bodies going all out on redgie

Hey at least it isn't Shadow saying it lol. He would probably go off if he wanted to.

Offline Uncle_Gravy

• AL_Pacino
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 04:06:31 pm »
You’re a fucking savage SAPPENING BOOOOODIE, leave Redgie alone, we was a young aspiring programmer.....not young anymore
Support my YT Channel by Subscribing - www.Youtube.com/User/GamingWithUncleGravy
Support my Twitch Channel by Following - www.Twitch.tv/Uncle_Gravy

Offline Wes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 08:37:44 pm »
fuk why
Thoughts roll down the shaft of the brain, mental gives the signal to the physical

Offline Señor Stanley

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2019, 11:39:34 pm »
nobody know

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 11:55:08 am »
So that's why Lance was so arrogant, cocky and snide all the time and made fun of the servers and forums whenever he got the chance, claiming they're coded in a very poor way and was practically unstoppable whenever he decided to either hack into the admin control panel or whatever you call it and exploit multiplayer mechanics. Haha, that was fun to watch.
Not sure about the forums - they weren't made by me ha. As for the rest, I think he "hacked" in because one or more of the UCP inputs weren't protected against SQL injections, it's a script kiddie trick, and one any professional is taught to guard against on day 1. Could be mis-remembering though.

Anyways, back to the more relevant part of your post, is coding even worth it ? I know there's huge market for it and they pay is probably not as bad, I've got a few friends who eventually graduated and obtained their coding degrees but when it came to actually applying their knowledge in order to get paid they told me they regret every single second spent learning that thing lol, to make things worse I keep nagging about the fact that whatever they make for a whole month I make in less than 4-5 business days hahahaha
I definitely wouldn't say I'm a coder, more of a developer. That said, I work for a small company and my role is more of a junior-CTO; I code, I manage, I do devops, infrastructure etc.

Becoming a coder (software developer) is definitely worth doing nowadays yes. If you're willing to move around, you can secure pay jumps of 10-20% a year, and if you're based in the UK or US, the opportunity to contract / freelance can land you a £70-80k ($90-100k) salary before you hit 30. If I was going to go into the industry all over again now though, I would probably focus on security / forensics, as that's where big money is at the moment. A former member of this community is testament to that!

Fact is, I'm neither old enough nor experienced enough to comment with any real qualification. My ultimate advice would be this: Do something you enjoy.

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline known

• The Boss's Assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 04:41:19 pm »

Becoming a coder (software developer) is definitely worth doing nowadays yes. If you're willing to move around, you can secure pay jumps of 10-20% a year, and if you're based in the UK or US, the opportunity to contract / freelance can land you a £70-80k ($90-100k) salary before you hit 30. If I was going to go into the industry all over again now though, I would probably focus on security / forensics, as that's where big money is at the moment. A former member of this community is testament to that!

Fact is, I'm neither old enough nor experienced enough to comment with any real qualification. My ultimate advice would be this: Do something you enjoy.

That's definitely not where the big money is at and never will be, sorry to break it to you, I personally know people who can easily clear $50k in a day and they have been mentoring me for the past 2 years give or take, coding literally sucks the life out of you, what you do is essentially sit your bottom infront of a pc and write the code lol, everyone gets their kick out of something but to my understanding this is monotonous as f !
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:44:28 pm by known »

Offline Sammy

• Cypher
  • Realistic Boobs Physics
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2019, 06:13:54 pm »
As long as he enjoys what he does for a living and makes money out of it, I don't really see a problem here. On the other hand, I do get where you come from in terms of sitting behind a screen all day sucking the life out of you, it makes sense, as a videographer/designer it can be pretty fucking annoying and stressful sometimes but that is always where we have side projects in place. Like Redgie's books, how's that going by the way?

This community has been amazing and I'll never forget what I did during my early teen years, RPing with a bunch of awesome people, thank you all.
Sammy_Clark | LTG - Notorious G' | CRPG Server Admin | RRP Level 7 Admin | Gangmod

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 02:23:10 pm »
That's definitely not where the big money is at and never will be, sorry to break it to you, I personally know people who can easily clear $50k in a day and they have been mentoring me for the past 2 years give or take, coding literally sucks the life out of you, what you do is essentially sit your bottom infront of a pc and write the code lol, everyone gets their kick out of something but to my understanding this is monotonous as f !

I never said the big money was in coding?

As long as he enjoys what he does for a living and makes money out of it, I don't really see a problem here. On the other hand, I do get where you come from in terms of sitting behind a screen all day sucking the life out of you, it makes sense, as a videographer/designer it can be pretty fucking annoying and stressful sometimes but that is always where we have side projects in place. Like Redgie's books, how's that going by the way?

Haven't checked on sales in a while, but it was always a passion project. I do often thinking about writing another one (not in the same genre), it's something I might explorer later on in life.

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.