Author Topic: RRP SA:MP Forum Advertisement  (Read 7392 times)

Offline Redgie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RRP SA:MP Forum Advertisement
« on: May 27, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »
This will be posted on the SA:MP forum every month. It is here so it is kept as a backup for when it is deleted (Monthly) on the SA:MP forum. If you have any ideas on how to improve it feel free to post them here.

Quick Info
Server Owner: Redgie
Server IP: redgies-rp.co.uk / 213.5.180.95:5300
Gamemode Name:  Redgie’s Role Play V1.5.3a
Gamemode Type: Role Play
Website/Forum: www.redgies-rp.co.uk
Features: Unique job system, dynamic gang creation, multiple properties including Cars (Up to 6 per player if using the largest garage), aircraft, boats, houses, businesses and garages.
Other: Forum, User Control Panel, Gang Control Panel, Donation Control Panel, Service Control Panel, Ventrillo & Teamspeak servers. Radio (Coming soon).
Hosting Type: Self rented private dedicated server hosted in England, UK.

Description
RRP started on the 2nd of January, 2008, after the owner Redgie left his previous server in order to pursue his dreams of running his own server.

The script still maintains some elements of the original PEN1LS script it is based on, originally created by Denver (Astro), but has been developed to the point whereby the PEN1LS concept has been greatly changed.

The objective of the server is to gain levels, done by accumulating the required experience points in order to advance. These levels can then be used to gain access to new homes, vehicles, businesses, apartment blocks and garages. Players are also able to start their own gangs at certain levels.

Money is also an important factor in the game. We try to develop the server in a way that revolves around money as much as possible, and regularly devise ways to keep the economy realistic and self sufficient.

The in-game features of RRP (Redgie's Role Play)

Job System
Our server uses an in depth job system, allowing players to participate in private activities in order to gain money and experience of the server. These jobs act as a role in the server, and are one of the most important parts of RRP. Jobs can vary from legal jobs involving transportation and logistics to farming and taxi driving for other players, or can be illegal jobs such as arms and drug dealing for other players.

Licenses
Licenses are important in RRP. The police department have the ability to check three different types of license, weapon, driving and flying. If you have not yet passed your driving test, you can still drive, just like in real life, but you run the risk of jail time, and gaining a criminal record.

Services
We have many services on our server, including the Police Department, the Emergency Services, the Taxi Company and the Los Santos Government.

The Police Department is responsible for law and order within the city; they enforce the Governments wishes, and send criminals to the local jail. All crimes are documented through the PD’s advanced MySQL linked recording system, allowing them to run background checks on criminals, running through all stored records. The Police can access this both ingame and from their Service Control Panel, and are allocated a section of the forum, on which to discuss their activities.

The Emergency Services are a group of trained paramedics and surgeons with the ability to perform miracles in the operating room. The EMS strive for overall well-being of all players of RRP, and will be first on the scene to an accident. The EMS have access to one of the custom parts of our server, the Hospital interior, designed by Oggy, one of our previous PD Chiefs. The interior can be seen here

The Taxi Company plays a major role in the transport of both new and old players. Players are able to request a taxi, and are then allocated a driver from any online employees. The driver is then able to locate them, and even contact them if necessary, using the records stored when you book a taxi.

Gangs
The gang system on RRP is a system we are extremely proud of. The Gang Control Panel or GCP allows players to create and manage their own gangs with no intervention from admins. The end result is a server where new gangs can be created every day, and can upgrade their members weapons or even add cars to their HQ, another feature we are particularly proud of. Gang HQ's are located across LS and can be purchased by gangs to house their criminal operations. HQ's provide a central meeting point for members and can be used to supply arms, medical supplies and transportation to the gangs members.

Gangs are forced to pay a daily tax, which acts as a form of bribery for the local Police to look the other way with regards to their existence. Gangs pay set amounts based on the number of members their gang is able to have. Gangs are able to charge members taxes in order to cover these costs, up to a certain limit. Gangs are also able to allocate ranks to members, all creatable via the GCP.

Gangs are allowed to allocate themselves colours for their members to represent ingame, by choosing a colour via the GCP. This colour acts as an identifier by both members of the gang and outsiders.

The Vehicle System
The vehicle system at RRP is the newest addition to the server. Rather than the conventional system of having x vehicles available and having a free for all between players, we allow players to purchase vehicles at their pleasure, from dealerships across SA, provided they have the means to accommodate them. The vehicle system can be split into 3 sections, Cars, Boats and Aircraft.

Cars can be purchased from 3 dealerships across Los Santos, splitting the cars into three categories. Each player can have 1 car on the server at a time, with a maximum of 5 stored in garages, located across LS. Cars can be upgraded to include locking systems, anti theft laser key installations, GPS tracking and personalised colours.

Boats can be purchased from the boat dealership at Bayside. Players are able to purchase 1 boat, which can vary from a small fishing boat to a luxurious yacht, each with varying prices. Boats are likely to play a huge RP part of any activities in RRP, due to their association with rich, executive players, and their involvement with the upcoming fishing system.

Aircraft can be purchased from 3 dealerships located across San Andreas, splitting the aircraft into helicopters, personal aircraft and commercial aircraft. Players can own 1 aircraft at a time, and are able to park them wherever they wish, whether in an airport, or at some of the rare properties big enough to accommodate small aircraft.

Any and all vehicles can be disposed of by dumping them at one of the man scrap yards across San Andreas, therefore allowing players to alternate the vehicles they own at any time.

The property System
Players on RRP are able to own any of 6 different types of property at any one time. These categories include Cars, Boats, Aircraft, Houses, Businesses and Garages. Due to the vehicle section being covered in the previous section, I will skip straight to Houses, Businesses and Garages.

Houses can be purchased at any time by simply finding a house that is for sale. Players are able to purchase houses instantly ingame, and use these houses in a number of ways. Players are not only able to spawn at their houses, but also able to upgrade their houses, to allow them to store weapons, cash and even grow certain types of drugs from home. The house has become one of the most important aspects of RRP, and will soon include built in garages where possible, to allow players extra storage of vehicles.

Businesses can be found all over RRP, and can play a number of different roles. Some businesses provide physical RP opportunities, whereby players can meet up at a cafe or restaurant to discuss matters. Other businesses such as the Paintball business or LS Stadium provide and organise regular events for the population to join in with.

Garages are the newest type of ownable property, and allow players to house their cars together in one central locations. Garages can be found across Los Santos and provide varying space, allowing for anywhere between 2 and 5 cars to be stored at any time. Garages allow players to extend their ownership from just 1 car, to up to 6. Garages provide a universal interface which allows players to view their cars housed in the garage by cycling between them. Players can pick their vehicle before taking it out, making it much easier for players to choose what they wish to drive round in.

The External Features of RRP
The User Control Panel
RRP's user control panel is one of the most advanced parts of RRP. Programmed almost completely in PHP, the UCP allows members of RRP to interact with their account without being ingame. Players are able to set security questions, change passwords, create gangs, monitor criminal activity or even spend Donation Points, all through the UCP. The UCP combines 6 main control panels, including the User Control Panel (UCP), the Gang Control Panel (GCP), the Service Control Panel (SCP), Admin Control Panel (ACP), Property Control Panel (PCP) and the Donation Control Panel (DCP).

The User Control panel allows users of RRP to manage their account. The UCP shows things like the players current character (Including how they look), as well as all their important stats such as level, DP's and what car or house they own. The UCP also allows players to set security questions and emails, in order to retrieve their account if they are ever to lose the password.

The Gang Control Panel allows players to look at how the current gangs of RRP are doing, but also allows player to create and manage their own gangs. Using the GCP players can perform upgrades such as increasing the ammo allocated to members, changing the cars found at the HQ, making alterations to the member list, and changing the rank names of their gang. The GCP also allows modifications such as changing the gangs name or colour, or even increasing the number of slots their gang is allowed to fill with members.

The Service Control Panel allows members of certain services such as the Police Department (PD) to view their current rank, or look up criminal records of players ingame. The SCP also provides higher ups such as the Chief of Police or his subordinates to make alternations to members of the Police Department, including demoting them to a lower rank, promoting them, or removing them from the service altogether.

The Admin Control Panel allows the admins of RRP to perform admin actions from outside of the game. Using the ACP, admins can lookup IP addresses or ranges in order to find specific offending players. Admins can also use the ACP to check the stats of certain players, check the warnings of players or even manage admins themselves. Allowing the head admins the ability to alter the current admins levels, or remove them altogether.

The property control panel is mainly used for Houses. The PCP allows home owners to check up on the number of people staying at their house. They can from there, if they wish, remove one, multiple or even all current occupants.

Finally, the Donation Control Panel allows players to manage Donation Points, a reward given to anybody who donates to the server. This section of the UCP allows players to purchase things such as the ability to block all PM's ingame, or even change the interior of their house. They can even convert their car using the DCP, or trade their properties and finances with other players using the market.

Every element of the UCP is built into one, easy to use User Control Panel, and can be navigated through easily with the use of the many guides available on the UCP.

Other External Elements of RRP
Due to RRP's use of a dedicated server, we are able to host both Ventrillo and Teamspeak servers for all players, and allow access to a public forum surrounding RRP. We are also in the progress of implementing services such as Radio, which we hope to be accessible ingame by all players.

RRP itself is hosted on an extremely powerful Dedicated Server hosted in Kent, England, providing super fast connectivity and full control to the entire community of RRP. Since it's first usage it has maintained 100% uptime across the Website, Forum and SA:MP server.

We hope to see you at our server soon, please visit us at www.redgies-rp.co.uk for more information, and enjoy your stay at RRP! Below are some images of the many aspects of our server, please take a moment to review them!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:27:06 PM by Redgie »

Check out my book series!

Do not contact me directly via forum PM. Post on one of the many forum boards instead, they're more friendly.

Offline David

• LSPD
    • View Profile
Re: RRP SA:MP Forum Advertisement
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 01:46:39 PM »
So are you actually gonna post it? We could need more new players.

Offline Luis»

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
So are you actually gonna post it? We could need more new players.
It has been posted.
hai this is steve from aldo costa i want anyone to let redgie back please :D
------

Offline Colydingstone ☉♌

• Inject this dose of the future
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 02:14:17 PM »
Give me the link so I could see how it's doing there...

Offline Shadow_Pot

• RRP Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 02:17:27 PM »
I did a search and didn't come across it. I don't think it's been posted. No one esle can post it but redgie

Offline Luis»

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 02:53:40 PM »
I did a search and didn't come across it. I don't think it's been posted. No one esle can post it but redgie
He did post it I remember him saying, must of been deleted.
------

Offline Colydingstone ☉♌

• Inject this dose of the future
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 02:57:06 PM »
"I remember him posting" never counts, Luis...

Offline Luis»

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 03:00:01 PM »
"I remember him posting" never counts, Luis...
But he actually said it in the old post because I was going to ask him to add that logo I made to it but he said it has already been posted, I swear.
------

O:Gfx

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 03:02:14 PM »
The ads are wiped monthly, so yeah.

Offline Ralph_Hawks

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 01:56:40 AM »
This advertisement is the reason I'm writing this at the very moment.
Great advertisement, great server, great community and I'm proud being a part of it.  8)

Offline Josh.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 02:09:45 AM »
This advertisement is the reason I'm writing this at the very moment.
Great advertisement, great server, great community and I'm proud being a part of it.  8)
Alot of new players have been joining, hopefully more like Ralph will stay cause this dude can freaking role-play!

Offline Ralph_Hawks

• I'll do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 02:13:39 AM »
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. :)
I aswell, hope that there will be more new players.
This community deserve alot of players!  ;)

Offline Luis»

• RRP Based Browser Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 11:02:51 PM »
Shouldn't you re-post this Redgie?
------